Using a Garmin GPS without an update is of no use as the pathways keep changing in this developing world. To increase the accuracy of your device you must always get the latest Garmin GPS update. The best part is you can get it from the Garmin support website and the total file size is approximately 2GB. Here are the steps that you should take to update Garmin GPS.
1. Go to the Garmin support website.
2. Log in to your Garmin account.
3. Connect the device to your computer.
4. Register your device by following on-screen instructions.
5. Go to the Map Updates for the US section.
6. Install the maps on your computer.
7. You might be prompted to enter the product key to install the maps on your Garmin GPS.
8. Disconnect the device from your computer and connect it back to your vehicle.